Friday, November 13, 2009

Sari Hakala, Satu Kaikkonen, troylloyd, Reijo Valta: Karri Kokko’s Next Work

"Late one evening in June 2009, with nothing but time on my hands, I posted a simple question on my poetry blog, Lyhyttavaraliike. In effect, this is what I asked:

Who wants to author my next book?

(...) The solicitation may have come out of some occasional despair, but it was none the less meant to be taken seriously, aiming right at the question of authorship and the origins of a work of art. (...) Within two hours of my original post, Sari Hakala, an artist friend, responded with a short notice (...) Less than six hours after that it was none other than my friend Troy Lloyd from Calhoun, Georgia, (...) Seven minutes later, Troy filled my comment box with the first of four separate installments that would constitute a long list poem. And four hours after that, it was again Sari’s turn, this time with no hesitance. That same evening, the two poets were at it again, deep in dialogue that included three different languages. Bergman’s 'Persona' was discussed. At that point, I knew we were on to something. All I had to do is step back and watch.

What ensued was a two-month exchange that would eventually involve four individual poets. The early adaptors, Sari and Troy, were soon enough joined by poet and non-fiction writer Reijo Valta, and, initially under the pseudonym ‘para hacia’, a poet specializing in visual poetry, Satu Kaikkonen." - Karri Kokko in his Foreword

Karri Kokko's Next Work: 14,8 x 21 cm, 206 pages, ISBN 978-952-215-082-0, Graphic Design Make Copies, Cover Photo by Karri Kokko.

Sales

Kirja kerrallaan, Mannerheimintie 22-24, 00100 Helsinki, kirja@lasipalatsi.fi, tel. +358-(0)9-612-7798, fax +358-(0)9-6126-5715). Price EUR 20,50

Online

kirjantamo.net EUR 20,50 + mailing costs

www.lulu.com EUR 14,21 + mailing costs